You are here
Home > Humanity > $1.4 million raised at Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk

$1.4 million raised at Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk

Susan G Komen Day

Hundreds of men and women completed the Susan G. Komen 3-day walk to fight breast cancer in Seattle this weekend raising a total of $1.4 million, according to a news release.

The 60-mile walk began early Friday morning and went through Seattle and the Eastside, returning to the finish at Memorial Stadium at Seattle Center on Sunday.

Since 2005, the Seattle 3-day walk has raised $61 million in the fight to end breast cancer. The foundation says 75 percent of the net proceeds raised by the walk help pay for research programs, while the remaining 25 percent helps affiliates support local programs– including medical assistance and education.

“We would not be able to reach our Bold Goal without our amazing participants,” senior director of events Carrie Stovall said in the release. “With every step, we work towards saying goodbye to breast cancer forever. The amount of dedication and passion our participants have is inspiring, we are so proud and thankful or the entire 3-Day community.”

Breast cancer is a disease that affects 1-in-8 women in the United States throughout their lifetime and most everyone knows someone or a family that has taken on disease.

The Susan G. Komen organization has provided more than $920 million in funding for breast cancer research and more than $2 billion in funding for related programs in more than 30 countries, according to the news release.

Story from KomoNews.

Leave a Reply

Top